AIG announced changes to its organizational structure
Thus, the company will no longer have Commercial and Consumer segments, and will transition to:
- General Insurance, led by Peter ZAFFINO, as CEO (ex. AIG COO);
- Life & Retirement, led by Kevin HOGAN, CEO (ex-CEO, Consumer Insurance Unit);
- and a stand-alone, technology-enabled platform, led by Seraina MACIA, CEO (ex. CEO HAMILTON USA).
As a result of the structure changes, Rob SCHIMEK, CEO of Commercial, will be leaving the company at the end of October to pursue other interests.
"I would like to thank Rob for his many contributions to AIG over his 12 years with the company. He has been a valued member of the leadership team, and a great colleague and friend to many. We wish him all the very best with his next endeavor", said Brian DUPERREAULT.
General Insurance and Life & Retirement will each have distinct business units that reflect how business is marketed and underwritten.
- General Insurance will include Commercial, Personal Insurance, and U.S. and international field operations.
- Life & Retirement will include Group Retirement, Individual Retirement, Life, and Institutional Markets.