Cypriot insurers reported aggregate GWP of EUR 250.6 million in the first three months of 2019, down by 1.2% y-o-y, according to the quarterly market figures published by the Insurance Association of Cyprus - IAC.
CNP Cyprus Insurance Holdings announced that its majority shareholder - the France's insurer CNP Assurances which owns 50.1% of its share capital, came to an agreement with Bank of Cyprus to acquire the remaining 49.9% stake in CNP Cyprus Insurance Holdings.
Insurance Association of Cyprus (IAC) figures show an increase of EUR 17.8 million (+12.6%) in the local market Health insurance business line; the segment reached EUR 159.2 million in 2018.
The insurance market of Cyprus totaled about EUR 871.5 million at the end of 2018, up by 7% y-o-y, according to year-end market figures published by the Insurance Association of Cyprus, IAC.
The cabinet of Ministers approved in February, 2019 the creation of a new insurance system for farmers that seeks to offer financial support to producers of all crops, as well as for sheep and goat farmers.
Hellenic Bank is about to revise its insurance activities to discover the best alternatives for the subsidiary insurance companies, according to the portal insuranceworld.gr of Ethos Media.
The nine months report on insurers' performance published by the Insurance Association of Cyprus (IAC), shows that at the end of September 2018 the local insurance market totaled EUR 651 million in premiums, up by 7.2% y-o-y.
During the first half of the current year, the local insurance industry increased in almost all business classes, with total GWP being up by almost 8% to EUR 458 million, according to half-year market figures published on the IAC website - the local professional association.
The Cypriot Auditor General Odysseas MICHAELIDES claimed that his office had spotted Olympic's insolvency issues during a 2014 audit. Yet, the situation broke out only four years later, when the company went bankrupt leaving some 200,000 clients uninsured.
British ship insurer London P&I Club will set up a new subsidiary in Cyprus to ensure continued access to trade in the European Union in case Britain loses single market access, wrote Reuters.
At the beginning of June, UNIVERSAL Life - the Cypriot largest life insurer announced that its Board of Directors has decided to appoint Evan GAVAS as the new CEO - Chief Executive Officer of the Company.
The insurance market of Cyprus totaled EUR 251 million in the first three months of 2018 in terms of GWP, up by 7.2% y-o-y, according to the quarterly preliminary market figures published by the Insurance Association of Cyprus - IAC.
Total FY2017 GWP amounted to EUR 816.6 million, compared to EUR 765.3 million in 2016, representing a healthy 6.5% growth, according to the market figures published by the Insurance Association of Cyprus - IAC.
The quarterly report on insurers' performance published by the Insurance Association of Cyprus (IAC), shows that at the end of September 2017 the local insurance market totaled EUR 605.6 million in premiums, up by 6.6% y-o-y.