GIF 2017 Day 1, LONDON : Facing the talent crisis by raising the young generation's interest towards insurance
Dawn MILLER, President and CEO, AXA Insurance
- Insurance is everywhere around us, offering opportunities for the working force, for the talents, for graduates coming from universities
- It is very important to bring talents together - to immerse the talents within the organizations
- It is the responsibility of the top management to develop the training strategy and to create business KPI to evaluate the efficiency
- Insurance is not the most popular career (place 18 in a LLOYD's study)
- There is no better substitute for training except for doing the actual project work
- We may not have a couple of years to develop a modern approach to attract talents towards insurance
- Proper mentoring and coaching are the best tools for developing talents in the insurance industry
- High potential can feel trapped and with a burnout pressure.
- The company should open the discussion regarding the development of a particular talent
- It is important to take people with hard skills and work with them to develop soft skills.
- For entering the top level, a talent should work in multiple countries and in multiple functions.
- In a period where it's all about innovation, we should find the means to raise the interest of the young generation towards insurance
GIF 2017 presents a rich agenda, reviewing the main trends in the industry as well as the its future opportunities and threats and the new ways in which insurance providers may and will have to engage in increasing society's resilience.