xprimm.com
 
NEWS ALERT
September 11th, 2012
 
 
            www.xprimm.com

NEWS ALERT LES RENDEZ VOUS DE SEPTEMBRE 2012
VIDEO: The global insurance market went up by 4.8% in 2011, to EUR 3,300 billion, while reinsurance business rose to EUR 160 billion
by oleg.doronceanu@mxp.ro, dimitrios.tsoulias@mxp.ro, 2012-09-11
Gross written premium on the global insurance market amounted EUR 3,300 billion in 2011, 4.8% up as compared to 2010. About 57% of this amount was written in life insurance, while the remaining 43% refers to non-life insurance lines. As far as reinsurance is concerned, the global specialty market reached EUR 160 billion, while in 2010 it stood at EUR 150 billion, stated today Jean-Philippe THIERRY, President of the Rendez-Vous de Septembre Association, on the occasion of the press conference held in Monte Carlo.
More

HANNOVER Re: low investment income pushed ahead technical pricing discipline
by oleg.doronceanu@mxp.ro, dimitrios.tsoulias@mxp.ro, 2012-09-11
Following on from pleasing treaty renewals in the first half of 2012 HANNOVER Re is looking ahead with confidence to the treaty renewals as at 1 January 2013. "We were pleased with the outcome of our renewals in April and in June/July. Along with the favourable development in global property (catastrophe) lines, we are now seeing the first positive signs - including in the United States - of an improved climate overall in the casualty lines. We are confident that this trend will continue in the treaty renewals as at 1 January 2013", Ulrich WALLIN, CEO, HANNOVER Re affirmed during a press conference in Monte Carlo.
More

Claude TENDIL takes over from Jean-Philippe THIERRY as Chairman of the Rendez-vous de Septembre Association
by dimitrios.tsoulias@mxp.ro, 2012-09-11
After 12 years as President of the Rendez-vous de Septembre Jean-Philippe THIERRY will give up this post at the end of the year. Claude TENDIL, CEO of Groupe Generali in France, Chairman of Europ Assistance and Vice-President of the FFSA, was elected by the RSV appointments committee as President for a two-year term starting on 1 January 2013.
More

LLOYD's: EUR 107 billion paid for insured claims in 2011 for nat cat and man-made disasters
by oleg.doronceanu@mxp.ro, 2012-09-11
"Total global economic loss in 2011 reached nearly USD 435 billion - compared with USD 226 billion in 2010. Total insured losses for the global insurance industry from natural catastrophes and man-made disasters reached more than USD 107 billion in 2011", said Richard WARD, CEO, LLOYD's in Monte Carlo. He further explained that 2011 would have been the costliest ever year for the insurance industry if Japan had been fully insured. On the other hand, the only factor preventing 2011 to exceed the 2005 historic peak in insured claims was the relatively moderate hurricane season in the North America.
More

SCOR takes measures to counteract threats in the macroeconomic environment
by oleg.doronceanu@mxp.ro, dimitrios.tsoulias@mxp.ro, 2012-09-11
While highlighting the threats coming from the macroeconomic environment, Denis Kessler, CEO, SCOR, is "confident regarding the business development opportunities arising for the French reinsurer from the property/casualty lines".
More

Subscribe now to www.xprimm.com
32 CEE, SE and CIS countries – insurance statistics and news + CEE and CIS regional statistics

Click here for more details
Click here for 1 day Free Trial
xprimm.com

xprimm.com
 

THE EDITORIAL STAFF:

President: Sergiu COSTACHE CEO: Adriana PANCIU
Managing Partner: Alexandru D. CIUNCAN
Development Director: Mihaela CIRCU

Project Manager XPRIMM.COM: Daniela GHETU
Coordinating Editor: Andreea IONETE
International Column Coordinator: Vlad BOLDIJAR
CIS Research Consultant: Olesea ADONEV
Senior Editors: Vlad PANCIU, Oleg DORONCEANU
Editors: Oana RADU, Mihai CRACEA
Junior Editors: Adina TUDOR, Dimitris TSOULIAS

Accounts Manager: Georgiana OPREA
IT Department: Octavian GRIGOR, Dorin PALADE, Cosmin ARMASESCU

e-mail: media@xprimm.com
PUBLISHED BY: Media XPRIMM

Reproduction or use without permission of editorial or graphic content, in any manner, is prohibited. The Editorial Staff is not responsible for the truthfulness or the accuracy of the presented data. The Editorial Staff has the right to present the data in it's own manner. In what concerns the use, in any manner, of the information contained in this e-mail, Romanian laws apply.

Click here to subscribe!
Click here to unsubscribe!

Copyright©2012 Media XPRIMM