PZU Group, FY2018: the highest annual net profit for 5 years
PZU Group non-life GWP was PLN 15.1 billion (+ 6.2%), while life GWP was PLN 8.4 billion (- 3.0%). In non-life, MTPL brought the biggest share in GWP, accumulating PLN 6.0 billion (+ 3.6%). Motor Hull recorded PLN 3.9 billion (+ 5.0%), while property insurance against fire and other types of damage registered PLN 3.0 billion (+ 9.2%).
The claims level dropped compared to 2017. In 2018, total net insurance claims and benefits was PLN 14.6 billion (- 2.5%). Non-life gross claims were valued at PLN 9.0 billion (+ 6.1%), while life brought in PLN 5.9 billion (- 13.3%).
PZU Group indicators in Poland:
- Non-life insurance GWP, PLN 13.5 billion (+ 5.7%)
- Life insurance GWP, PLN 8.2 billion (- 3.5%)
- Non-life insurance combined ratio, 86.6% (- 2.7 pp.)
- Life insurance operating margin, 22.1% (+ 7.3%)
- Health EBITDA margin, 8.8% (+ 0.6 pp.)
Other PZU Group financial indicators:
- Solvency II level, 245% (+ 37 pp.)
- ROE (return of equity), 22.1% (+ 1.1 pp.)
- DPS (dividend per share), PLN 2.5 (+ PLN 1.1)
PZU Group covered 5 countries and had around 22 million clients in 2018. The percentage share in the operating result, adjusted for PZU's bank shares is 96.1% in Poland (75.0% insurance, investment and pension products and 21.1% in banking activity), 3.3% Baltic States insurance, and 0.6% Ukraine insurance.
The full report can be accessed on pzu.pl (English version).