STATISTICS:

RUSSIA: profit of SBERBANK Insurance for 1H increased by 50% compared to the same period last year

Net profit of SBERBANK Insurance in the first half year, by IFRS, amounted to RUB 2.1 billion* (+50%), said acting General director Dmitry POPOV.

According to POPOV the insurer is exceeding the target of profit by about 123-127%. At that premiums jumped by 37% to RUB 6.9 billion. Property insurance increased 2 times, growth rate of travel insurance amounted to 55%. Total number of the insurer's clients is around 15 million. Paid claims during 6 months of 2018 jumped by 92% to RUB 381 million.

The insurer plans to keep the existing growing trend at the level of 40% and enter TOP-10 of the market leaders with annual result of premiums in the amount of RUB 16 billion. The company is not going yet to have direct sales of MTPL until 2020, but in August this year the insurer is launching marketplace based Motor Hull through other insurers (like INGOSSTRAKH, VSK, RESO-Garantia and others) which will be MTPL-bound in 11 regions, added POPOV.

SBERBANK Insurance was established in 2014 by SBERBANK of Russia and is one of the leading insurers of the Russian market.

*EUR 1 = RUB 72.9921 (as of 30.06.2018)

Follow XPRIMM Publications on LinkedIn, for more data on the insurance and financial industry.

Share |

Related articles

ON THE MOVE

ALLIANZ announced three executives appointments

German insurance Group ALLIANZ announced three senior leadership appointments at ALLIANZ DIGITAL Health, ALLIANZ Private Krankenversicherung and Allianz Global Corporate & Specialty SE.

18.01.2019

TOP EVENT

Inclusive insurance on the agenda of the second CEE & SEE - Regional Actuarial Insurance Conference in Skopje, Macedonia

Insurance should be accessible to all social classes, regardless of their wealth and income status. Products offered today are conventional insurance products, largely inspired from the developed markets as "one-size-fits-all" solutions, affordable to only middle- and high-income clients in the Eastern Europe's emerging & developing markets. The low insurance penetration rates across the region show the need for another approach.

10.01.2019

Reducing the risks in agriculture by using insurance means, discussed in Skopje

On November 1st, an Agricultural insurance conference took place in Skopje, Macedonia, organized by the Insurance Supervision Agency in cooperation with the Ministry of Agriculture, Forestry and Water Economy. Drawing attention to the necessity of reducing the risks in agriculture by using insurance was the event's main purpose.

06.11.2018

IIF 2018 - Insurance in a DIGITAL WORLD

Emmanuel DJENGUE, Innovation Director, Europe - RGAX, Spain is the Keynote Speaker at IIF 2018 - Insurance in a DIGITAL WORLD Conference in Bucharest, on November 27.

05.11.2018

See all