Risk Management - From theory to practice
March 12th, 2014
Palace of the Parliament, Human Rights Hall
The second edition of "Risk Management - From theory to practice" conference analyzes risk management, in an era of financial instability and political pressure. A general overview regarding the importance of managing risks, as well as the latest European trends regarding the regulation of risk management are only a few of the subjects that will be debated during the event.
Can risk management be used as a business opportunity? What are the skills that the risk managers of today and tomorrow need? Are the companies proactive or only reactive when it comes to Crisis Management? How can risks generated by people, processes and systems be monitored and managed better?
To find out more, we would like to invite you to the "Risk Management - From theory to practice" conference.
Who should attend?
- Risk managers from Romania and Europe
- European and Romanian authorities
- Insurance companies and mediation brokers
- Lawyers etc.
10.00-11.30 Part I
General perspective on Risk management in an era of financial instability & political pressure
- The increasing role of risk management: evolution, key drivers & main risks
- EU Regulations on risk management - latest trends
- From micro to macro-prudential supervision and risk-based supervision
- Financial market supervision - latest developments
- Why do we need an integrated supervision for financial markets
- How to use risk management as a business opportunity
11.45-13.00 Part II
Trends and new approaches
- What is the maturity level related to risk management?
- Tools and tactics for risk management - practical real life examples
- The evolving role of the risk manager and the skills needed for the risk managers of today and tomorrow
- Insurers and regulatory risks - Solvency II
- Basel III's impact on financial markets
- EMIR regulation, critical financial infrastructures, and central counterparts for risks reduction
- Risk management in Romania - development stage
13.30-15.00 Part III
Risk management for financial markets
Management of financial risks
- Risk management improvements and enforcements at the level of financial entities
- Liquidity, solvability and credit risks established after the new regulations enforcement
- SIFI and crisis generators
- Crisis Management - are we proactive or only reactive?
- Stress tests, an urgency
- Reputation and legal aspects, the impact on business
- The need of benchmarking - risks dashboards for risk management
- Risks generated by people, processes and systems - how can we monitor and manage better?
- Understanding exposure - setting risk appetite & achieving a risk culture
- Fraud - from causes to prevention
- Business interruption insurance
- The need of a Financial CERT
- Systemic risks generated by cyber fare - are we prepared for them?
- IT risks - should these be managed better?
- Critical infrastructure in financial services
- Case studies
The attendance fee is:
- 120 euro/pers
For more information regarding the registration and the attendance to the event, please contact:
Mrs. Georgiana OPREA
Phone: 0040 21 252.46.71 / 252.46.72
Fax: 0040 21 252.46.73