STATISTICS: MOLDAVIAN insurers reported a business volume of EUR 59 million at the end of 2015

At the end of December 2015, the Moldavian insurance market totaled MDL 1.2 billion (about EUR 58.8 million), up by 2.1% y-o-y, according to the preliminary statistics recently published by the market's supervisory authority. Claims paid by the 15 insurers that have reported operations totaled MDL 386.6 million (or EUR 18.5 million) - equivalent to 31% of the total GWP.

Overall, life policies contributed with 7% to the aggregate GWP (MDL 87.5 million), the value representing the aggregate GWP volume of GRAWE CARAT Asigurari (94.5% - market share) and SIGUR-ASIGUR (the remaining 5.5%).

Non-life policies have generated more than 92% of the total market, of which about two thirds were accounted by the three motor sub-segments: motor hull - 19.7%, Motor TPL - 20.4% and Green Card - 22.2%. On non-life segment, the market leaders were MOLDASIG (19% market share), followed by DONARIS VIG (14.6%) and ALLIANCE Insurance Group (12.6%).

Access and download the FY2015 Moldavian insurance market statistics.

Related articles

Main conclusions: The Insurance Conference - Republic of Moldova

One of the most important annual events dedicated to the regional insurance market, The Insurance Conference - Republic of Moldova, took place on 10 October in Chisinau, gathering over 120 professionals from Moldova, Romania, Russia, Ukraine, Holland, Germany, The Czech Republic, Poland, Croatia and Latvia.


Moldova: GENERAL Asigurari is the newest player to enter the market

GENERAL Asigurari is the most recent player to enter the re/insurance market in Moldova. The Board of Directors of the National Commission of Financial Market has issued the prior approval of registration in this regard, according to official anouncement made by local supervisory authority.


STATISTICS: Rep. of Moldova, 1H2016: GWP up by more than 9.5%, while claims increased by over 40%

The Moldavian insurance market has recorded in 1H2016, total GWP of MDL 628 million (EUR 28,2 million), increasing by 9,5% as compared with 1H2015, according to the official data published by the National Commission of the Financial Market in Moldova (CNPF). In the European currency, company's GWP have seen a decrease of 0,49%, as a consequence of the national currency depreciation against the European one.



New Head of Investor Relations at AEGON

Jan Willem WEIDEMA has been appointed as the new Head of Investor Relations at AEGON. He succeeds Willem van den BERG who has led the Investor Relations team over the past 7 years.


Robin SPENCER to leave NN Group

NN Group announced that Robin SPENCER will step down as Chief Executive Officer of International Insurance and member of the Management Board of NN Group, effective 1 June 2018.



"Insurance and Pensions reloaded" - the 7th EIOPA Annual Conference

The 7th EIOPA Annual Conference takes place today in Frankfurt am Main, Germany. A review of the current supervisory covergence issues and of the prospects of the Pan European Personal Pension Product are on the event's agenda, together with analyzing the ways in which regulation may enable innovation.



"IIF2017 - Insurance in the DIGITAL World" Conference took place in Vienna

"IIF2017 - Insurance in the DIGITAL World" conference brought together in Vienna well-known insurance professionals from all over the world who analyzed the latest digital trends in the industry, taking into account the fast digitalization of the financial services providers' world, in particular in the insurance field, which is creating both huge opportunities and strong challenges for the players.



Croatian Insurance Days Live

On 9 November has started in Opatija, Croatia, the 2017 edition of the Croatian Insurance Days Conference, the traditional meeting of the Croatian insurance top professionals with their European peers. XPRIMM Publications are supporting the event as Media Partners.



The 2017 Baden Baden Meeting: Short recap

The Baden-Baden meeting, one of the key events in the reinsurance calendar, has just set the final point of this year's edition. XPRIMM Publications have reported from the meeting's premises. Let's recap!


Baden Baden Headlines 3: CEE insurance markets are attractive for reinsurers

Central and Eastern Europe insurance markets are an important source of business for Lloyds, total premium income from this region increasing by EUR 64 million since 2010, pointed out the Lloyd's representative in a seminar dedicated to CEE insurance markets: "We are seeing strong growth from Czech Rep, Poland, Slovakia and Ukraine. At the same time are some contractions from Russia, Bulgaria, Romania and Hungary due to challenging trading conditions as political implications and other sanctions".


See all