STATISTICS: Macedonia, 3Q2017: The share of motor classes increased to 54% of total market

Macedonian insurers reported 3Q2017 aggregate GWP of MKD 6.8 billion (EUR 110.6 million), 2.7% more y-o-y, according to the market figures provided by the Insurance Supervision Agency of Macedonia.

As in previous reporting periods, non-life insurance premiums dominated the market portfolio accounting for about 86% of the total GWP (MKD 5.8 billion, or EUR 95.2 million), the remaining share of 14% being represented by the life insurance segment: GWP of MKD 948 million (EUR 15.4 million).

Other sub-classes with a dominant share were MTPL (45.6% of total), property (16.8%), MoD (8.5%), accidents (7.7%) and GTPL (2.4%), the remaining 5.1% being accounted by other non-life segments.

TRIGLAV (17.5% market share), MAKEDONIJA (12%) and EUROLINK (11.6%) were the top 3 non-life insurers in the country, while CROATIA (42.7%) and GRAWE (35.7%) were the largest life insurers.

Access www.xprimm.com and download the 3Q2017 Macedonian insurance market statistics.

Share |

Related articles

SAVA Re entered the Macedonian pension market

Slovenian SAVA Re announced it got the approval from the Macedonian Agency for Supervision of Fully Funded Pension Insurance (MAPAS) and the required approvals from other competition authorities for the acquisition of NLB Nov penziski fond AD Skopje.

2018-03-15
photodune-3834701-laughing-girl-xs

Macedonia in need of aid after the severe flooding of August 6th

Macedonia's Ministry of Interior said that at least 21 people have died in flooding that hit the capital, Skopje and its surroundings last week. At least 6 are still missing and it is feared that the death toll could rise further. Police in Macedonia said that over 50 people have been injured in the floods.

2016-08-10

STATISTICS: MACEDONIA - 2015: Local insurers marked an 8.51% y-o-y growth-rate in GWP

Last year, Macedonian insurers reported an aggregated increase in GWP of 8.51%, according to the preliminary results provided by the Insurance Supervision Agency. The non-life insurance sector dominated the market portfolio and accounted for 86.70% of total GWP - of which about 44.59% was related to Motor TPL policies, 19.82% - property lines and 8.37% - motor hull.

2016-04-07

ON THE MOVE

Three new appointments at XL Catlin insurance operations

XL Catlin insurance operations announced on 4 June three appointments: Donnacha SMYTH as President Global Excess Casualty Insurance; Carla GREAVES as Chief Underwriting Officer, Global Excess Casualty; Aurelie FALLON SAINT-LO as Senior Underwriter, Environmental and Client & Distribution Leader for Western France.

07.06.2018

TOP EVENT

5th Annual Insurance Business Forum "Challenges of the Year 2018"

will take place on September 17-21, 2018 in Sochi
The upcoming Forum, supported by the All-Russian Union of Insurers (ARIA), will logically continue a detailed discussion of the most pressing issues previously raised at ARIA events in 2018: Insurance and Reinsurance International Congress in Moscow and Insurance International Conference in St. Petersburg.

12.06.2018

See all